The ExpressionEngine Store Locator module makes it easy to add proximity based store and dealer searches for ExpressionEngine developers and site administrators.
- Automatically geocode store address when adding a new store.
- Import/export stores.
- Geocode cache prevents repeat lookups preserving your geocoding limit with the Google Maps API (up to 2500 per IP address per day).
- Choose Miles or Kilometers as your unit of distance.
- 10 custom fields allows you to add your own attributes.
- Pagination for search results.
- Support for all countries.
- Unzip contents of zip file to system/expressionengine/third_party
- Log in to the control panel and go to Add-Ons » Modules
- You should see an entry for “Store Locator”. Click “Install” to install the module
Why is my Google Map not showing up?
You must make sure that you have given the #map_canvas element a height greater than zero in your CSS or the map will not show.
Can I add my own fields?
Yes, there are 10 custom fields per location that you can use however you wish.
Does the Store Locator module have international support?
Yes, the Store Locator module will work everywhere that has Google Maps Geocoding API support. For more information please refer to Google's coverage spreadsheet.
How do I use Google Maps with the Store Locator Module?
Click here to see how to integrate Google Maps with the Store Locator Module.
Why is the search not returning any search results?
Be sure that allow_url_open is enabled in your PHP configuration (php.ini).
- Added fix for city, state, country tags collision with search tag.
- -Added locations, city, state, country tags.
- Added my own DataTables plug-in since 2.6.* seems to break the native DataTables plug-in.
- Added support for 2.6.*
- Added 10 custom fields
- Add option to show all locations by default
- Replaced deprecated set_variable()
- Added country form parameter
- Deprecated "search_form" in the search tag
- Added inline form capability for better customization
- Added "id", "radius" and "search_string" variables to search tag
- Added fix for fax variable
- Modified the state field on the add/edit screens to be a text field instead of a combo box
- Added country field for add/edit screens
- Fixed a couple of small navigation bugs